On behalf of our client, a large multi-national based in Tullamore, we are now recruiting for a Senior Scientist based for their Laboratory. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Senior Scientist is responsible for providing technical leadership to the Laboratory. This includes identifying and overseeing the implementation of process improvements, executing experiments, developing test methods, and proposing new technology; all with the aim of supporting the company’s Customer base and enhancing the Laboratory operation.
- Perform standard microbiological procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to use of aseptic technique, microbiological identifications, culture preparation, LAL endotoxin testing, bioburden testing, environmental monitoring, biological indicator testing, product inoculations and sterility testing
- Operate laboratory equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to autoclaves, balances, heating mantles, gas chromatographs, incubators, laminar air flows, cleanrooms, pH meters, filtration apparatus, temperature monitoring systems, pipettes, thermometers, kinetic and gel clot equipment and MALDI-ToF
- Perform as a subject matter expert for a variety of Laboratory testing areas; providing technical information to other departments and outside parties as required, leading research and method development, and enhancing the laboratory and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing Customer projects and exploring opportunities to add value within the Laboratory
- Work with subject matter experts within the wider company Global Laboratories network to understand best practice, support problem solving, and knowledge sharing, and realise enhancement opportunities for the facility.
- To manage the successful delivery of projects as agreed with the Laboratory Manager. Ensuring all projects are completed on time, to specification and to budget, with progress updates effectively communicated throughout the project duration. This will include maintaining a close working relationship with the other departments internal to the Tullamore Laboratory to ensure they are kept informed and prepared for any planned changes; making certain that are implications are clearly understood and appropriately assessed
- Support the development of new services as requested by the marketplace and investigate business problems and opportunities by identifying, aggregating, and analysing data, producing recommendations to inform decision making
- To oversee the organisation and roll out of change initiatives, including management of the change control process, PFMEA review, procedural updates, and training
- Continuously review the testing methods used in the laboratory for improvement opportunities
- Continuously investigate and review the development of new methods, equipment, or instruments
- Continuously review all relevant standards for change, including the pharmacopeia, and where appropriate perform gap analysis and subsequently assist with procedural review and alignment
- As a member of the Senior Team take an active role in the review and approval of Customer test paperwork and test certificates
- Lead the creation of new work instructions as well as reviewing and making updates to existing work instructions as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science related discipline i.e., Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Technologist/Technician in a heavily microbiology focused service testing Laboratory
Salary: from €45,000 k plus benefits
Full-time, permanent role