We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor with 5 years’+ experience to join a leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractor based in Athlone. The company’s main activities include Public & Private Sector contracts including OPW, County Councils, Retail, Commercial, Residential and Education Building and Civil Engineering works.
The Quantity Surveyor will oversee the relevant contract needs and handle daily business issues as delegated by the Contracts Manager.
The successful QS will be based in Athlone.
This is an ideal role for a QS wanting to relocate to the West/Midlands in a permanent role with a leading main contractor.
- 5 years Quantity Surveying relevant experience working with main contractor as a QS
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Economics (or similar) to support your competency in the role.
- Experience working in the Civil Engineering & Building sectors
- Commercially & Contractually aware
- Familiar with Public Works contracts
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
- Ensure that all instructions received from client’s representatives are acted upon and all contract obligations are adhered to.
- Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contracts, subsequent account management and final agreement.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports
- Attend project and subcontractor meetings
- As a Project Quantity Surveyor you will ensure effective records are kept of the works as they progress along with monitoring project costs against budgets, value engineering, identify problems/opportunities and recommend /implement change where necessary.
- Estimating & tender submittals on behalf of the company.
- Supplier / Subcontractor quotation enquiries and analysis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €50,000.00-€60,000.00 per year