The successful candidate will lead and manage the production of high-quality vehicles to strict timelines that meet our customer’s quality expectations and delivery deadlines. The production manager work closely with other department heads and report directly to the General Manager. They will be responsible for planning and organising the production teams to ensure an efficient workflow throughout the vehicles different production stages and refining the production processes to deliver greater efficiencies while increasing quality standards.
The role is based at our manufacturing facility in Kilbeggan, Co Westmeath.
The Production Managers duties will include but not be limited to:
Liaising with the sales and purchasing departments and preparing robust production plans to ensure an efficient production flow throughout all the vehicle’s production stages that will meet customer expected delivery dates.
Provide direction and job assignment to employees in the various manufacturing departments ensuring that production processes are consistently applied at the highest standards
Provide communication and daily goal expectations to each production line, with a sense of urgency, and accountability measures
Ensure that each production division commences on schedule and is carried out in line with the company’s production processes
Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel.
Provide leadership, alignment of actions and accountability to cross functional teams
Accountable to ensure production staff are appropriately trained to perform assigned work.
Understand, practice, and support safety standards in all work and in all locations
Engage and involve all-employees to be accountable to safety standards, quality standards, delivery standards, attendance and general workplace expectations
Monitor and report on raw material usage and availability required in daily production
Monitor and report on material and labor variances to meet established standards
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role
• Must have experience working with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
• Must be proficient with Microsoft products, e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams
• Knowledge of ‘Lean’ methodology and application of same
• Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €50,000 – €60,000 per annum