On behalf of our client, a large multi-national in Tullamore, we are recruiting for the position of Operations Supervisor.
This is a key role supervising a team of Operators within the site. This includes day-to-day oversight of departmental goals for Safety, Quality, Customer demands and Operational Effectiveness.
This role will run over 12 hour shifts both days and nights, midweek and weekends.
• To supervise, train and develop team members to ensure work instructions are followed and maintained up to date in line with global, local and Customer requirements
• Ensuring strict adherence to site Quality and Compliance standards
• To lead and develop site teams on a day-to-day basis by way of conducting a daily process review meeting and shift handover
• Daily inspection of site physical conditions and observation of staff to ensure safe practices are being adhered to
• Ensure strict adherence to site security standards
• Be an active member in all plant risk assessments
• Ensure 5s audits are completed in line with due dates and escalated where required
• Ensure site Quality standards are maintained and continually improved
• Ensure Batch records (run files) are competed in full as per Work Instructions adhering to GMP requirements before transfer to the Quality team for release, ensuring deviations for items are highlighted to the Quality department
• Ensure all plant downtime and non-adherence to the schedule is reviewed and monitored with suggestions for improvements highlighted
• Manage consumable stock processes including replenishment, stock takes and maintaining stock levels
• Ensure processing of products is in line with customer expectations and processing parameters
• Motivate and develop a team that can cover all required tasks, ensuring standards are maintained
• Create individual employee development plans, provide coaching, training & annual goal setting & reviews, supervise disciplinary actions
• Supervise the day-to-day people plan; monitoring holidays, sickness, break-times & always ensuring adequate processing cover
Minimum of five years professional experience ideally working in a highly regulated operations environment. The role will require the ability to demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and willingness to “achieve”.
• Experience in similar operational role in an operationally based business (production unit or plant)
• Strong experience in leading teams within a manufacturing environment
• Ability to train, develop and mentor employees
• Performance improvement experience and operational KPIs
• Technical aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques
• Qualification in a technical / supervisory discipline an advantage
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with energy and charisma
• Proficient in MS Office suite
Professional Certification (Professional certifications and regulatory training certificates in relevant disciplines are desirable)
Excellent benefits and salary package available.
Salary: Basic of €43k + 33.33% shift premium = €57,331 gross.
Job Type: Permanent