Our client, one of Ireland’s leading engineering companies, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their well-renowned team. An Irish manufacturer, provides the industrial market with a variety of heavy machinery such as crushing and screening machinery to name a few. They have been established for several decades and have a rising headcount as they grow their business and expand throughout Ireland.
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Develop and design new product concepts and designs based on client briefs to improve current design and manufacture.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing specialist machinery including conveyors, silos, batching machinery, etc.
- Provide technical and production support when required while communicating design to manufacturing.
- Liaise with purchasing and suppliers in the early stages of development to ensure quality, efficiency, and cost.
Looking for individuals with a strong mechanical background, who have exposure to designing heavy plant machinery. Both recent graduates and more experienced engineers will be considered for this position and salary/responsibilities will be in line with experience.
- Mechanical Engineering trade background or qualification
- Competence in Solidworks is required.
- Experience with heavy plant machinery design or similar is desirable.
- Exposure with steel fabrication/ sheet metal would be advantageous.
- Salary: €40-45K – Intermediate
- Salary €30-35k – Junior
- Pension Contribution
- 20 Days Holidays