On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Technician to lead the technical deliverables of a new and exciting venture.
Acting as the technical lead within this new department (reporting to the Production Manager and working closely with other Technicians and operators), your will be responsible for ensuring that the Data Centre and Cloud infrastructure equipment is processed in accordance with expectations, ensuring high attention of detail to data destruction and testing and refurbishment requirements for resale.
As a successful Senior Technician, your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow and develop new skills, and to develop skills in others.
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all activities.
- Perform cable de-installations, hardware rack/stack de-installations, testing, and troubleshooting
- using standard processes, and developing new processes as required.
- Physically assist in moving and de-racking equipment.
- Supporting parts/component recovery and physical hardware troubleshooting
- Ensure a high level of data and inventory accuracy within out ITAD ERP software.
- You should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and preferably 2-3 years’ experience
- in a Network Support role or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Server and Networking OEM equipment (i.e. Cisco, Dell, HP, Brocade and Arista) would be advantageous.
- This role may require, from time to time, to support activities within the client’s sites on decommissioning projects.
- Flexibility to work non-business hours, including weekends and holidays, may be required on an occasional basis.
Send your CV to AllPro Recruitment today
Job Type: Permanent