On behalf of our client, a large multinational based in Tullamore, Co Offaly, we are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join an expanding team.
- Provide proactive, efficient and professional HSE advice, coaching and support to the Tullamore based operational and functional teams.
- Work with the regional HSE Manager to communicate and drive compliance with HSE standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Provide support to ensure that effective management of health, safety and environment is embedded at an operational level within the Tullamore facility.
- Guide, coach and support managers and employees at all levels to ensure they are aware of their HSE responsibilities.
- Manage the effective local implementation of the company HSE strategy, standards, culture and systems.
- Conduct and manage local safety checks, observations and audits, ensuring that non-compliances are promptly reported and corrective actions raised, tracked and completed.
- Maintain and manage local HSE action plans to ensure the appropriate prioritisation, review and completion of HSE actions.
- Support the completion and ongoing review of risk assessments, identifying and reporting on inadequately controlled risks
- Facilitate and administer the local HSE Committees, ensuring that accurate records are maintained and actions are effectively captured and added to the HSE action plans.
- Maintain appropriate HSE records and certifications including, but not limited to first aid, fire safety, safety observations, risk assessments, permits to work, HSE audits, occupational exposure monitoring and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Support the implementation and delivery of HSE training and other engagement initiatives that improve employee awareness, competency and safety performance.
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents, near misses, unsafe acts and conditions are appropriately reported, escalated and managed.
- Respond to incidents and accidents, supporting appropriate investigations in accordance with the global HSE framework and ensuring appropriate actions are identified to prevent recurrences.
- Support the collection and analysis of safety performance data and HSE metrics, identifying and reporting areas of concern and appropriate actions.
- Assist with and support local control of major accident hazard (COMAH / SEVESO) activities and compliance.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of local HSE legislation, best practice and emerging risks, reporting changes that may impact the business and support the development of effective response strategies.
- Assist other HSE colleagues and AST sites as required to build regional HSE team effectiveness and capability
- Support local environmental compliance to ensure the facility is fully compliant with relevant environmental requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar HSE position.
- Experience within industrial, logistics, warehousing or processing environment preferred.
- Experience of delivering effective HSE coaching and training achieving demonstrable learning outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Improvement / Lean manufacturing preferred.
- Effective communication skills; written and oral with ability to manage site-level relationships.
- Pragmatic approach with ability to effectively balance technical and operational demands
- Working knowledge of HSE regulations and management systems; an understanding of behavioural safety concepts
- Confident with the use of IT systems and knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and function specific software (e.g. HSE management and e-learning platforms)
Send your CV to AllPro Recruitment today or call us on 0579339809 for more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €37,000.00 per year