HOME HELP COORDINATOR
On behalf of our client in Home Support Services Laois & Offaly we are currently recruiting for two Grade VI Home Help Co-Ordinators to be based in Tullamore. These are both agency contract roles with an initial duration of a 6-month term.
Purpose of the Post
- Manage the delivery of the Home Support Service to clients within a defined geographical area. He/she will work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that services are delivered in an integrated manner.
- Manage a team of Home Care Support Assistants in the specific geographical area to which s/he has been assigned.
- Support the delivery, coordination and development of the Home Support Service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the principal duties and responsibilities of the Home Help Coordinator:
- To supervise, co-ordinate and support the work of Home Care Support Assistants assigned to him/her.
- To participate as a member of the primary and social care network and support Home Care Support Assistants in their role as members of primary care teams.
- To work with team members in developing home help services.
- To arrange induction and ongoing training for Home Care Support Assistant staff members (when applicable) to ensure the delivery of quality service.
- To identify on the training needs of Home Care Support Assistants and participate in training programmes as required.
- To allocate a Home Support Service to an individual in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure for Home Help Coordinators in operation within the Home Support Department.
- To liaise with health professionals and voluntary organisations as necessary.
- To convey as appropriate to other professions, concerns reported by the Home Care Support Assistant in relation to the client’s condition.
- To assist in the recruitment of Home Care Support Assistants as required.
- To keep and maintain appropriate records of clients in receipt of home support service.
- To keep and maintain appropriate records in relation to all staff assigned to him/her including salaries, annual leave, sick leave, etc.
- To prepare, certify and approve pay sheets and travelling expenses.
- To implement all aspects of Home Care Support Assistants Contracts in accordance with the WRC Agreement 2017.
- To manage the contracted hours of Home Care Support Assistants.
- To certify invoices for all external care contracted by Home Help Co-ordinators.
- To complete Risk Assessments as appropriate.
- To have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
Eligibility Criteria Qualifications and/ or experience
Candidates must have:
- Professional Qualification, Experience etc.
- Have obtained such a standard of education as to enable him/her to discharge the duties of the post satisfactorily
- Demonstrate relevant management ability and/or experience within a health or social services setting
- Possess the requisite knowledge, ability and experience to fulfil the duties of the post.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Irish Health system and structures.
- Have an understanding of legislation relevant to the role e.g., Health and Safety, Employment Legislation.
- Have good IT skills, Word, Excel, e-mail.
Salary – €48,541 p/a
If you feel that you are the right fit for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org