On behalf of our client, a large multinational, we are recruiting a Facilities Technician for a full-time, permanent position based in Tullamore.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the maintenance & calibration of plant utilities, process equipment and associated documentation.
- Responsible for investigating process/utilities problems to determine cause and instigate repair.
- Troubleshooting equipment and working with control system and PLC’s.
- Maintains, implements and develops where possible a comprehensive maintenance programme with the objective of minimising plant downtime and optimising performance.
- Schedules and completes calibration checks on process and test equipment using certified reference standards and maintains sufficiently comprehensive documentation of same.
- Identifies, recommends and implements with approval, economic electrical, mechanical, instrument and controls related projects which lead to improved process performance.
- Is available for scheduled standby to respond to various call outs in relation to utility and process alarms and problems.
- Responsible for security and control of facilities instruments, equipment and tools.
- All other duties as deemed appropriate by line manager.
- Interacts with all company employees in a constructive manner.
- Performs all tasks with due recognition of Safety, Environmental, Quality/GMP and Company procedures.
- Has specific and general responsibilities in respect of the Quality System.
- Maintains accurate and sufficiently detailed records of all maintenance/calibration activities performed.
- Upholds relevant quality standards as set out in Facilities Procedures and other controlled documentation.
- Attends training sessions relevant to the function and proactive to learning.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- Has authority to delay or abort cycles in specific circumstances such as an emergency situation.
5 years facilities experience in an appropriate industry (mechanical / engineering / electrical.) Hands-on maintenance experience of general plant utilities. Knowledge of steam systems, pipe fitting, mig and fig welding desirable. Knowledge of materials handling equipment is an advantage. Competent in use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
Monday – Friday, 8 hour shift & early finish on Fridays plus one week of scheduled on-call overtime every 5/6 weeks.
Salary from €38,000.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent