Electronics Design Engineer is required to work within the Electronics Department in Research and Development of a large manufacturing company based in Offaly. The successful candidate will be capable of taking initial concepts and carrying out the steps required to take it through to full manufacture. The core design and development areas include microcontroller based hardware and software, on site prototyping, testing and validation with electronic production taking place with an EMS provider. The products which are developed are primarily based around the heating industry i.e. boiler controls, biomass controls, heat-pump controls and user interfaces etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Controls manager the duties are:
- The development of specifications acquiring data from sources such as the sales and marketing department, discussion with R&D personnel and self-research.
- The Design and Development of digital and analogue circuitry.
- The definition of tests to verify the design.
- Prototype Printed circuit boards, both SMD and leaded, and sub-assemblies for proving the system design.
- Carry out Printed Circuit board design using PC based CAD software.
- Software development using various IDEs including Code-warrior, Visual studio and Arduino for example. The languages used are C and VB.
- Functional testing and definition of functional testing for the end of production, of both the electronic components and the final product.
- Production of documentation i.e. requirement specifications, test specifications and results, reviews for both hardware and software etc.
- Any other Electronic engineering related tasks which may be required.
Experience and Qualifications:
We are seeking an individual with a degree in electronics/software related subject or with suitable qualifications and able to demonstrate a good level of knowledge in the field. We are also looking for a track record working in an environment where a good level of contribution was shown. The suitable candidate will show competence in the design and development side, but also skills in troubleshooting and debugging.