On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an EHS Officer within the recycling industry.
You will be working in a busy office environment which includes quality, environmental, health & safety and administration functions to ensure the ongoing and continual fulfillment of all essential operational and regulatory compliance requirements.
The successful applicant must be conscientious and have the ability to work on their own initiative. Excellent organisation and communication skills are essential for this role.
- Implementation of current Compliance Department policies and procedures and meeting the requirements of applicable legislation.
- Carrying out EHS inspections, producing risk assessments, auditing, investigating, recording and reporting accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Work with staff and contractors at all levels providing practical, hands-on support, PPE and training to ensure safe practices are being used to achieve daily tasks.
- Periodic updates on EHS aspects at the facility and support for other Compliance Department members will be required.
- A third level environmental and health & safety degree is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative promoting a safe working environment and an interdependent Health and Safety culture; Professional manner, friendly and energetic in their daily contacts with staff and customers
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Waste industry experience advantageous but not essential
- Appreciation of the importance of compliance in a well-regulated industry
- Proactive, “can-do” approach, with an appetite for continuous improvement
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office
Send your CV to AllPro Recruitment today or for more information call 0579339809
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €30,000.00-€40,000.00 per year