On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Director of Care for an exciting new role.
This is a superb opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing Group as Director of Care in the North East of the country
The Director of Care will help establish and grow a new way of Independent Living for the 70 residents of a Supported Living community.
As the Director of Care, you will oversee the activity of the care department, in addition to monitoring and improving the life of the residents. Reporting to the CEO, you will provide guidance for both frontline staff and mangers and be a resource for their questions and concerns. You will be a mentor and provide leadership that helps your team ensure residents live a full life. Succeeding in this role requires a strong dedication towards team building to guarantee a successful outcome for residents, staff and the local community.
You will have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to manage within approved budgets and provide strategic and operational leadership. You will work closely with key leaders and develop a strong and effective interface with HIQA, HSE, families and other key stakeholders.
Quality of Care Responsibilities
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident through implementation of:
- The Company’s Quality of Care System
- Clinical practice in the units meets Regulations & Standards.
- Monitoring of care practice through individualised plans of care for each resident
- Conducting internal audits and following up on results of same
- Initial induction of staff and ongoing training and development of staff
- Encouragement of innovative practice
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to Company and HIQA standards, procedures and guidelines
Financial Administration Responsibilities
- Maintenance of administrative procedures in the absence of the CEO
- Monitoring of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of resident’s fee income, funding source, fee arrears, personal allowance, financial records
- Management of the Community Unit’s budget.
- Have an understanding of legislative requirements regarding the financial affairs of mentally impaired people.
- Conducting regular communication meetings with all care staff and management
- Establish a good rapport with external community agencies bringing the local community into the units and facilitating residents to attend functions/activities within the local community.
- Liaise with Marketing to maximise opportunities to ensure the independent units has a high profile in the local community.
- Monitor all complaints ensuring that each is documented to include the investigation and outcome.
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy to safeguard the safety and welfare of staff, residents and others.
- Implement regular fire training and evacuation plans.
- Ensure catering meets HACCP standards and is to the highest quality & variety.
- Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the units is to the highest standard.
- Liaise with the facilities manager to ensure maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
Human Resources Function
- Participate in the selection and interviewing of staff.
- Conduct regular training needs analysis.
- Ensure HR practices comply with all current employment legislation with regard to clinical matters.
- Ensure all registered nurses employed are on the “live” Register.
- Work with other managers to ensure the company is a great place to live and work.
What are the Qualifications Skills & Attributes required?
- Qualified RGN with at least 3 years’ experience in the last 6 years in care of the older person.
- Post registration management qualification in health or a related field
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in the health and social care area.
- Registered on appropriate part of Irish live register.
- Proven track record in healthcare management.
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills.
- Sound decision making ability and results driven.
- Good appreciation of finance issues.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
Send your CV to AllPro Recruitment today or give us a call on 0579339809 for more details.