On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Compliance Manager within the recycling industry.
The ideal candidate will facilitate the efficient functioning of a busy office environment, which includes environmental, health & safety and administration functions. The successful candidate will provide leadership, direction and co-ordination of effective policy and procedures to a team of competent professionals and administrators.
The successful candidate will participate as an active member of the Site Management Team to ensure ongoing and continual fulfillment of all essential operational and regulatory compliance requirements.
Lead and manage a team of EHS professionals by delegating and participating with tasks required to:
1. Maintain the company’s waste industry compliance requirements including;
· Waste Licence
· Waste Collection Permit
· NTFSO regulations
The successful candidate must ensure all reporting requirements are fulfilled and act as lead in onsite audits. This will require the successful candidate to contribute to and stay up to date with relevant QESH & Waste Management Policy, Standards and Regulations. Any changes must be communicated, agreed and adopted into company practice as appropriate.
2. Manage the maintenance of existing quality standards by ensuring the management cycles are maintained actively through ongoing internal audit, review and improvement programs. Standards currently managed include:
· ISO 9001
· ISO 14001
· OHSAS 18001
· WEEE Industry standard WEEELABEX
The successful candidate will be required to manage the implementation of any future standards required by the company.
3. Manage the process flow and documentation requirements for site receipts and dispatches between site operations, transportation providers and the administration function.
The successful candidate will be required to manage employee performance and oversee the training requirements of their team on an ongoing basis. This will involve the implementation and monitoring of KPI’s.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Science, technology or business degree, preferably in the environmental area
– Experience of working to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards
– Experience in compliance management within the waste industry
– Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
– Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
– Ability to drive, lead and motivate their team
– Professional manner, friendly and energetic in their daily contacts with staff and customers
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Previous experience dealing with the EPA and other regulatory bodies
The position of Compliance Manager will be filled with a motivated, hardworking and diligent individual who is a quick learner with an understanding of Commerce and has a genuine interest in the position being offered above.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €45,000.00-€50,000.00 per year